Founded in 1997 as the Police Writers Club and governed by a Board of Directors, the Public Safety Writers Association is open to both new and experienced, published and not yet published writers. Members include police officers, civilian police personnel, firefighters, fire support personnel, emergency personnel, security personnel and others in the public safety field. Also represented are those who write about public safety including mystery writers, magazine writers, journalists and those who are simply interested in the genre. The association also welcomes publishers, editors, agents and others who help writers realize their writing goals.
Benefits of membership include:
- A members-only FREE one-time manuscript review by a professional editor
- The members-only opportunity to enter our annual writing competition and become an official “award winning author.”
- The opportunity to attend our annual conference at a reduced fee.
- Members-only participation in our online listserv offering the chance to network with fellow writers and editors.
- Members-only access to experts in the field about which you write, which helps you make every detail of your writing both accurate and interesting.
- An online quarterly newsletter that includes both news about the organization but also invaluable information about writing, publishing, editing and marketing.
We will soon have some other very exciting benefits to offer, so be sure to keep visiting the website, or, better yet, join now, so you will be the first to hear about our latest offerings.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
If you are a member of the PSWA and wish to join the listserv, just send a blank e-mail (the content is ignored, anyway) to firstname.lastname@example.org. When your membership status is verified, you will be subscribed to the list.
NOTE: Our membership list is strictly confidential. We will neither sell it nor make it available to any one or any organization for any reason.