PSWA’s (Public Safety Writers Association) annual conference will be held in Las Vegas, July 11-14, 2013 at the Orleans Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas. The conference is open to anyone writing crime and mystery fiction or non-fiction, technical writing for public safety magazines in print or online, or anyone interested in writing. Check back here for registration forms, rates and deadlines, and the conference program.
The Orleans Hotel and Casino:
- 30 guest rooms blocked on either side of our conference dates for attendees wishing to make this a working vacation.
- 50 guest rooms blocked for conference dates.
- Conference Rates:
- $35 per night for weekdays and $79 per night for weekends, plus local and room taxes. Add “Use the code “A2PSC07” to get these rates when registering for rooms. This rate is guaranteed for bookings up until one week before the conference. Registrants will need to call the hotel and book their rooms, giving the conference code, to get the group rate.
- Shuttle service to strip and Suncoast and Gold Coast casinos.
- No airport shuttle, but taxi from airport to Orleans straight up Tropicana is about $10-$12
- Shuttle services (small buses, multiple companies) from airport Approx. $7.50 – $10.00
- Can walk to new strip from hotel if energetic. Don’t recommend because of heat and riff-raff begging on streets along the way.
- Buffet, restaurants, coffee shop, Seattle’s best, bowling alley bingo hall, movie theaters etc.
- For more information visit http://www.orleanscasino.com/
|Full conference (includes opening recption and all lunches)|
|Before Jan. 31, 2013:||$200.00||$250.00|
|Before April 30, 2013:||$225.00||$265.00|
|After April 30, 2013:||$250.00||$315.00|
|Friday or Saturday day session only (includes lunch):|
|Before Jan. 31, 2013:||$100.00||$125.00|
|Before April 30, 2013:||$125.00||$150.00|
|After April 30, 2013:||$150.00||$175.00|
|Sunday day session only (includes lunch)|
|Before Jan. 31, 2013:||$50.00||$65.00|
|Before April 30, 2013:||$65.00||$80.00|
|After April 30, 2013:||$75.00||$90.00|
|Lunch only (for guests)|
|Per guest lunch||$35.00|
|Higher prices for late registration reflect the contractual commitments we have to the hotel as the conference date approaches.|