PSWA’s (Public Safety Writers Association) annual conference will be held in Las Vegas, July 15-17, 2016 at the Orleans Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas. The conference is open to anyone writing crime and mystery fiction or non-fiction, technical writing for public safety magazines in print or online, or anyone interested in writing. Check back here for registration forms, rates and deadlines, and the conference program.
The Orleans Hotel and Casino:
- 5 guest rooms blocked on either side of our conference dates for attendees wishing to make this a working vacation.
- 40 guest rooms blocked for conference dates.
- Conference Rates: see the chart below
- Room rates $40 per night for all but Friday and Saturday nights, which are $89.
- Call hotel reservations 800-675-3267 and tell them your are with the Public Safety Writers Association and reservation number A6PSC07. Your card will be charged for the first night immediately. The balance is payable on check-in.
- Shuttle service to strip and Suncoast and Gold Coast casinos.
- No airport shuttle, but taxi from airport to Orleans straight up Tropicana is about $10-$12
- Shuttle services (small buses, multiple companies) from airport Approx. $7.50 – $10.00
- Can walk to new strip from hotel if energetic. Don’t recommend because of heat and riff-raff begging on streets along the way.
- Buffet, restaurants, coffee shop, Seattle’s best, bowling alley bingo hall, movie theaters etc.
- For more information visit http://www.orleanscasino.com/
|Full conference (includes opening reception and all lunches)|
|Before Mar. 15, 2016:||$230.00||$280.00|
|Before May 15, 2016:||$255.00||$305.00|
|After May 15, 2016:||$280.00||$330.00|
|Friday or Saturday day session only (includes lunch):|
|Before March 15, 2016||$120.00||$145.00|
|Before May 15, 2016:||$145.00||$170.00|
|After May 15, 2016:||$170.00||$195.00|
|Sunday day session only (includes lunch)|
|Before Mar. 15, 2016:||$70.00||$85.00|
|Before May 15, 2016:||$85.00||$100.00|
|After May 15, 2016:||$95.00||$110.00|
|Lunch only (for guests)|
|Per guest lunch||$38.00|
|Higher prices for late registration reflect the contractual commitments we have to the hotel as the conference date approaches.|
For the first time this year, there will be a one-day writer’s course held on Thursday, July 14, 2016. The course will be held at The Orleans, and will carry a cost of $35 for PSWA members and $40 for non-members. No meals are included with the cost of the workshop. You may register for the workshop together with the conference or separately via the registration form linked below.
- Cancellations prior to June 14, 2016 will be refunded 100%
- Cancellations after June 14, 2016 will be credited to next year’s conference, less the price of meals