The PSWA is a lively, intimate association that exists to support people involved in writing about public safety:
- People with public safety careers who write stories, poetry, or non-fiction about their incredible experiences.
- Mystery, thriller, and other writers who write about public safety characters and situations.
- Publishers, editors, and other professionals
When you join, you receive many benefits:
- A private Yahoo Group (listserv) to share information
- A private Facebook group
- Our quarterly newsletter full of advice about writing and public safety topics as well as the latest news from our members
- A writing competition
- A free partial-manuscript review (25 pages)
- Discounted registration for our annual conference
Most members also attend our conference in July to sharpen writing, presentation, and marketing skills. We are the most intimate, friendly, and inexpensive writer’s conference around, going on 15 years now, so join us today! Police, fire services, EMS, local, state, and federal agencies, well-published writers, newbies, and publishers: we’ve got it all!
2018 PSWA Conference Photos, The Orleans, Las Vegas
Feedback from Conference Attendees
“I’ve never met a more interesting group of people…This group is friendly, dynamic, and supportive. It was one of my best conference experiences and I’ll be back for more next year.”
I’ve been to many conferences, even put on one or two. But this was the best! …The depth of experience and level of knowledge was awesome. I’m sure everyone walked away with new information. The timing was stellar–everything moved along so well. Lastly, although I’ve been a PSWA member for years, this was my first conference. I felt so welcomed by everyone that I consider this group family.
Hats off to the organizers and participants that made the conference so great and fun.
-Barbara Becker Lloyd
…my appreciation to all those who worked so hard to put together a terrific conference.
-Rabbi Ilene Schneider, Ed.D.
I second the appreciation for those who worked so hard to make this another terrific conference, thank you!
I loved the conference this year and wanted to say thank you to those who volunteered! I’ve been to several others and in my opinion, PSWA puts on one of the best!
Learn more about us here.